Thursday, October 2, 2008

World's Largest hand carved Tiger Muskie working ice fishing decoy by JAG

From Flickr:
 
This monster of a muskie fishing decoy measures over 7 feet long and is entirely hand carved from a cedar beam from an old fireplace mantle. While it would have been a great deal easier to use power tools, my doggedness determination wanted to see if I could do it my hand.

I started working on it late Saturday afternoon and finished today on Wednesday, 52 plus hours total labor. I had some slip-ups and blunders but in the end, I'm quite satisfied with the end results.

I diligently searched the internet for hand carved tiger muskie fishing decoys and could not find one larger than this, so I'll lay claim to it. 
 
See the photo stream and comments here:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's great to see my fishing decoy posted here. Thank you....