Wednesday, January 7, 2009

World's Largest Things Small World Story

The WLT Cub Reporter just sent me a Flickr mail, saying "you oughtta see this!"... which just happened to by my cousin Josh Porter's Flickr page!  Small world, and I told the cub reporter all about it...
 
"Yes, he's done quite a few monuments. I had no idea he was producing his own until I went to the talking Paul Bunyan's new home, outside of Brainerd, and was chatting with the clerk about the nice restoration. I asked who did it, and when I heard his name I was floored.

It was Father's Day, and I said something about what a small world, and she said "well, he's here today, too - right over there in the snack bar!" I hadn't seen him in 10 - 12 years, and he and his whole family (and me and my whole family) just happened to be there at the same time - weird!

So, he showed us around what he did, we almost had the park to ourselves (family-wise), and an attendant followed us around to the various rides strapping us in and turning them on.

Wonderfully weird small world-li-ness!!!"
 
See Josh's photo stream online:

No comments: