Monday, February 1, 2010

Backstory Paintings

Here's part of what I'll use as inspiration in this year's Thing-A-Day writing project - the images from the development of the large Backstory Paintings from 2007, illustrating some of the events surrounding the years from 1999 - 2004. I am enjoying re-visiting these (I don't think I've looked at them since they were painted, as they're still stuck in limbo storage in another state, and this set of images is from WAAAAYYYYY back in the photostream) and the odd parallel that happens with memory - as the images emerge(d), so do(did) the stories... I'll try not to look TOO far ahead, and just pick one as inspiration for a story-of-the-era based on that chosen image....

Or not.  I'm fickle that way.

Posted via email from Worlds Largest Collection of the Worlds Smallest Versions of the Worlds Largest Things

No comments: