Wednesday, February 27, 2008

From the Email Inbox: Before I was there

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 2:22 PM
 
Subject: Before I was there
 
Dear Erika: I read with memorable interest your story on Vining Minnesota.  In the late 50s and early 60s my family and others from the Beloit area vacationed in the Otter Tail Lakes area every summer.  We always took at least one trip to Fergus Falls, but I have no recollection of passing through Vining.  If I understand correctly, the attractions came after that anyway.  After one long and very tiring  day of fishing I did catch a walleye that seemed as large as I was at the time, that would be about the size of the average 6th grader, but smaller than the one in a previous WLT posting.  Thanks for rekindling these fond childhood memories.  G.O.
 
Re: Before I was there
 
Hi, G.! Yep, the Vining sculptures are really recent (90s and onwards) but have completely changed the town and the town outlook!  All Hail, the power of Big Ideas...  Thanks for the feedback!
 
-Erika, Director, WLT Inc.

No comments: