Thursday, September 25, 2008

From the Email Inbox: Giant Spud, Diggs ID, and Scholastic interest

Erika,

I stopped by back in June and took some photos for a book I'm working on here at Scholastic. One of the math editors is interested in doing a possible article on your miniatures for an upcoming issue (I think it's to do with proportions or something). His name is Matt Friedman and he'll probably be contacting you soon to get some info if that's ok.

It was good to meet you and I owe you a print (sorry I'm a little behind). It looks like I may be doing some sort of book soon, not exactly the one I had pitched, but it's a start. I was just recently out in Idaho and stopped by the giant beagle in Cottonwood. Really nice couple that run the place and make chainsaw dog art. I asked if they've met you but they said no, perhaps you haven't made it there yet. Another highlight was the giant potato on a flatbed (see attached) which was in Diggs at the Spud Drive In movie theater.

I'll keep you posted on the book's progress. I'd love to include your work as well.

Thanks,

David Franck
Group Photo Editor
Scholastic Inc.
557 Broadway, #466
New York, NY 10012

 

No comments: