Friday, September 19, 2008

Worlds Largest Things information request

From: Javan Dunken
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 10:43 PM
Subject: SPAM -> Worlds Largest Things

To whom it may concern;

I travel around the USA..

Is there a book I can by so I can have access to the Worlds Largest Things 24 7.

Keep me updated on Worlds Largest Things.

Have A Great Day!

C/O Dunken's Hauling Marysville, Ks.

Hi, Javan - sorry for the delay!
 
There are a few published resources for WLTs, but not one, giant comprehensive one that lists them by state with addresses... 
 
Two of the best would be Brian and Sarah Butko's "Roadside Attractions" published in 2007, as it has a big list of addresses in the back, and then "The New Roadside America" although it was published in 1992. 
 
Amazon links on our book recommendation page:
 
When I travel, I usually print out the Big List of Whats Large Where and keep it with my atlas - then, at least, I know what to be looking for in each town, although would still have to do some asking around.
 
 
I'll letcha know if/when we do a big travelers list of sites listed by state with addresses - as a professional traveler, what information would you find helpful?
 
Thanks for the inquiry, and hope this helps...
-Erika Nelson, Director
World's Largest Things, Inc.
 

No comments: